Thursday 18 October 2012

I WAS NEVER A TEENAGE ZOMBIE

Nor was I "drop dead gorgeous".
That's for sure.
But I was skinny last year. Hmm. And I used to be so pretty and pleasant. Funny what a year does to you.
This year's been a pile of shite. I've just sat in my room getting fatter and stuff.
Haven't even go the money for decent make-up anymore, using the cheapest of cheap and orange foundation "hand-me-downs". My skin is currently awful, again I'm lacking the funds to buy decent foundation and skincare.
Maybe I could extract salicylic acid from the bark of a willow tree so I can have nice skin, instead of that of the texture of oatmeal.

One thing this year has taught me beauty-wise... or more, reinstated a fact which is plastered over every single beauty book, bible or blog is that cheaper is only better for certain aspects of cosmetics as a whole.
Eyeshadow and mascara is fine if it's cheap. I was surprised by the mascara, the manufacturing of it has improved so much in recent years; Benefit's "They're Real!" mascara retailing at £18 isn't as good as Collection 2000's "Extreme Colour" mascara, for £3.50.
However, cheap lipstick chaps my lips, £1 lipgloss transfers to everything but your lips, foundation under £10 will turn your skin into a mask of whiteheads and disappointment, and cheapo skincare is dire.

And little can be praised over cheap nail varnish.
Until next time :)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment